Think FRESH sweet smelling and nourishing moisturisers prepping your body for the summer sun...
Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E. (A beauty staple for many).
Quite simply we're spoilt for choice with moisturisers.
There's so many on the market that its hard to wittle them down and say, HEY that's the one for me!
But, I can make it a little easier for you giving you a simple guide on picking out moisturisers and show you some of my favourite moisturisers - which are guaranteed to nourish your skin and leave it smelling sickly sweet.
The simple guide to picking a body moisturiser.
1. First of all identify your skin type. Is your skin oily, combination or dry? Once you've decided wich category you fall into, it will make picking a moisturiser that little bit easier. For example I have dry skin so I tend to pick moisturisers that are lightweight but promise to nourish the skin.
2. Identify what you want the moisturiser to do. Do you want it to firm your body, tone it or soothe it from sunburn? For example if you want to soothe sunburn then you should pick a moisturiser that contains aloe vera, as it is known to be good for relieving damaged skin.
3. Don't be too influenced by what works for your friend, she may have a different skin type to you. For example I don't use products for oily or combination skin because I have never suffered with spots. So, a product for oily skin would be my skins worst nightmare, but it may work wonders for someone else!
4. Often the long established skin care brands are the best. They have developed their products over a number of years and have experience of knowing what ingredients work. Think Palmer's, Nivea and Garnier.
5. Try to establish a routine of moisturising. For example, morning and night. I for one cannot start a day properly if I have not put face moisturiser on!
6. If you buy many moisturisers and still don't feel satisfied then don't fear! There is definitely something out there for you, you just haven't found it. If you're worried about spending too much money on products which are unsatisfactory then I would recommend you do your research on what ingredients and vitamins you want for your skin. Also getting a BOOTS advantage card or Superdrug card can help as well. The more you spend = the more points you get!
My Favourite Products...
Just a few of my favourite things: (from left to right): Nivea Firming Body Lotion Q10 Plus, Bio Oil Specialist Skincare, Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula.
- Palmer's Cocoa Butter with Vitamin E: it smells fresh and really moisturises skin well. It also has Vitamin E in it (a common vitamin found in moisturisers) - great for hydrating your skin! Its just an added bonus that it also soothes marks and tones skin!
- Garnier Skin Naturals Summer Body Light Moisturising Lotion: great if you want a product that moisturises your skin and builds up a gradual tan. I have tried many of these kind of lotions over the years and have been unimpressed with the streaky tan I am left with. But if you choose a light shade then you will be more moistened subtle sun goddess than streaky bacon!
- Nivea Firming Body Lotion Q10 plus: if you're worried about your bikini body then choose a firming moisturiser like this one. It helps to FIRM problem areas, keeping skin tight (as opposed to wobbly!). It promises to firm the skin in 2 weeks. So if your looking for a quick fix solution then pick this one!
- Bio Oil Specialist Skincare: this is a great product. I have used it for years! It won't get rid of your scars or stretchmarks but it does help to reduce the appearance of them. It contains the breakthrough ingredient PurCellin Oil - so you're bound to feel the effects! I would recommend that you use this if your skin is really dry or you have stretchmarks or an uneven skin tone.
Bio Oil really moisturises your skin leaving it glistening.
- EAU THERMALE Avène Thermal Water for Sensitive Skin: OK, its not a moisturiser but it is a summer essential! This is a thermal water spritzer which will help to cool you down in hot weather, leaving you feeling revitalised and fresh. If you're going somewhere hot then I would definitely recommend investing in some thermal water as its so good for that simple pick-me-up poolside. (Although this sounds foreign you can actually buy it in BOOTS!)...
TA-DA....FRESH SUMMER BODY MAKEOVER = COMPLETE!